18.104.22.168. Spare wheel
The Mazda cars can be completed both with a small-sized spare wheel, and the spare wheel unified with other wheels of the car.
The spare wheel unified with other wheels of the car.
The car is equipped with a spare wheel with the tire of the same type, dimension and model that are established on other four wheels of the car. It allows to use a spare wheel both for replacement of the damaged wheel, and for periodic shift of wheels.
Small-sized spare wheel.
The small-sized wheel is intended only for SHORT-TERM USE in case of damage of a wheel of the car. It is forbidden to use a small-sized wheel for the long movement on considerable distances.
When using a small-sized spare wheel stability of the movement of the car worsens therefore, driving the car, be especially careful. In order to avoid damage of a small-sized spare wheel or the car observe the following precautionary measures.
– Do not exceed the speed of 80 km/h.
– Avoid moving through obstacles in the road. Besides, do not come around on the mechanized automobile sink. As diameter of a small-sized wheel is less, than regular wheels, the road gleam of the car will decrease approximately by 10–25 mm.
– It is forbidden to establish an antisliding chain on a spare wheel.
– It is forbidden to install a small-sized spare wheel on cars of other brands and models.
– It is allowed to install no more than one small-sized spare wheel on the car at the same time.
|Fig. 1.162. Extraction of a spare wheel (cars with a body "sedan")
To get a spare wheel (cars with a body "sedan") perform the following operations (fig. 1.162)
1. Take out the panel of half of the luggage compartment.
2. Rotating the handle counterclockwise, unscrew the fixing screw.
|Fig. 1.163. Extraction of a spare wheel (cars with a body "hatch-back")
For extraction of a spare wheel (cars with a body "hatchback") execute the following operations (fig. 1.163)
1. Remove a floor mat and take out the floor panel, then take out the pallet from the luggage compartment.
2. A wheel key turn off a bolt of fastening of a spare wheel (rotating a bolt counterclockwise).
Laying of a spare wheel in marching situation is carried out in the return sequence.