6.2.1. Check and adjustment of elements of the brake system
Check brakes on the dry and flat road, at various speeds of the car with easy and strong pressing a brake pedal, avoiding blocking of brakes and sliding of tires.
Process of braking is influenced three by the main a factor:
– on different wheels there will be unequal conditions of coupling of tires with the road that causes unequal brake forces. Pressure of air and protectors of tires have to be identical;
– brake forces on forward and back axes have to be proportional to the vertical loadings operating on them;
– violation of angles of installation of wheels can become the reason that the car when braking will pull aside.
For check of leak of brake fluid, press a brake pedal at the working engine at a frequency of rotation of idling and installation of the lever of switching of the transmission in neutral situation. If the pedal gradually fails with a constant pressure, means there is a leak in system. Visually check existence of leak and level of brake fluid in a tank of the main brake cylinder. Insignificant falling of level of brake fluid happens because of normal wear of blocks. Abnormally low level speaks about leak in system. In hydraulic system both internal, and external leak is possible. If the level of brake fluid is normal, check length of a rod of the vacuum amplifier of brakes. If the inadequate length of a rod is found, adjust length or replace a rod.
Check the main brake cylinder in the following order:
– on absence of damage and leak of brake fluid around the main brake cylinder. Lowering of the level of brake fluid can speak only about leak existence. An abnormal condition is also moistening of a surface of the main brake cylinder;
– connection of draft of a pedal and length of a rod. If they are normal, disassemble the main brake cylinder and check for stretching or swelling of epiploons of the cylinder, then – for lack of wear of rubber details. If epiploons inflated, perhaps, the non-standard or polluted brake fluid is used. If the polluted brake fluid is found, all metal components should be sorted and cleared, and all rubber – to replace. All pipelines should be washed out also.
Improper brake fluid, mineral oil or availability of water in liquid can cause boiling of brake fluid or damage of rubber components. If the main epiploons of the piston in the main cylinder bulked up, means rubber components are spoiled. If wear of rubber is found, sort all details of hydraulic system and wash out them alcohol. Before assembly dry details a stream of compressed air. Replace all rubber details in system, including hoses. During the operation of the brake mechanism check lack of liquid in laying. If liquid is found, replace laying.
If a condition of epiploons of the piston of the main brake cylinder normal, check existence of leak or an excessive overheat. If these conditions are not found, merge brake fluid, fill the main brake cylinder and repeatedly merge liquid from system.