22.214.171.124. Check of effort on a steering wheel
Check the following:
– dimension of tires and pressure in tires;
– liquid level in a tank of the hydraulic booster;
– tension of a belt of the drive of the pump of the hydraulic booster.
Install the car on a firm horizontal surface, establish wheels in provision of the rectilinear movement.
Remove the module of an inflatable safety cushion.
Be careful at dismantle of the module.
Start the engine and warm up working liquid of the hydraulic booster of steering to 50–60 °C.
|Fig. 5.9. Measurement of effort on a steering wheel
Measure effort on a steering wheel by means of a dynamometer key (fig. 5.9)
If the effort does not meet standard, check the following:
– availability of air in a hydraulic system of the amplifier of steering;
– leaks through hoses and their connections;
– operation of the pump of the hydraulic booster and steering mechanism.
Effort on a steering wheel of 7,8 N · m.
For check of effort on a steering wheel compare it by effort on a steering wheel of other car of the same model under the same conditions.
The effort on a steering wheel depends on the following conditions:
– condition of a paving (dry or damp, asphalt or concrete);
– a condition of tires (the producer, wear degree, pressure in tires).